Who'd have known there were so many other worlds to choose from? (Although my children always loved the Sims). My initial thought after reading the Wikepedia entry was that "this is not for me". However, after further reading I can see that there are many positive things about virtual worlds -in relation to possibilties for education, learning, design, commerce, research and development, and so much more. I particularly appreciated the You Tube presentation from Karen at the Murdoch University Library. She pointed out second life's ability to offer people with disablities access, as well as the valid point that we, as library staff and/or educators, need to understand the literacy of the second life environment. I'd love to do one of their introductory workshops, but the links to them seem to have been dropped, leading me to suspect that they are no longer offered.
On another topic - doing the iGoogle activity gave me a much better understanding of gadgets, so I've gone back to my blog and added a few.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.